Lord, with all my heart I thank You
- In my inmost heart, O Jesus,
You are keeping watch, I know,
keeping out all that would harm me
or arouse fear in my soul.
- As a Prince You come from heaven,
clothed in might and victory,
and You have the power to order
fear and anxiousness to yield.
- You alone, Lord, hold the sceptre
as the mighty Prince of Peace.
So my heart is well-protected,
banished all anxiety.
- With Your peace You rule within me,
reigning over heart and soul.
As my Prince of Peace, Lord Jesus,
perfect peace You now bestow.
- Since on earth in night and darkness
You endured fear willingly,
You can tell us what the help is,
bringing aid in time of need.
- Dearest Lord, how I must thank You,
for You truly come to me!
I will trust You and not waver
each time fear oppresses me.
From My Father, I Trust You by M. Basilea Schlink
© 2016 Evang. Sisterhood of Mary, Darmstadt, Germany