Father, I thank You for guiding my way
- Father, I thank You in midst of my pain;
Father, I thank You again and again.
Chastening is the best “bread” for me;
chast’ning will end my sin’s misery.
- Father, Your goodness fills each of Your deeds;
Father, Your chast’ning is what my soul needs.
Father, the outcome of paths of pain
can be but blessing and glorious gain.
- Into Your hands I commit all, my Lord,
for I know suff’ring will bring rich reward.
I love the hand that is chast’ning me,
for it is training and healing me.
- Firm shall my hold of my Father’s hand be;
safe through the darkest night You will lead me.
Father, then bring me home to the throne,
through pain transform me and grant me a crown.
- Never will You disappoint me, I know:
though great my sin, greater love still You show.
I trust Your love in the darkest night;
You’ve always brought Your child help and light.
- Joy after suff’ring is always Your way;
this I believe, I’m expecting today.
Worship and honour to You I’ll bring;
when You chastise, songs of trust I’ll sing.
- You always love me, of this I am sure:
this I proclaim whene’er Satan draws near.
You always guide me with wisdom and care
and never give me too much to bear.
- At the right moment Your help always comes
as You have promised and Your Word proclaims.
Father, Your chast’ning is love indeed;
goodness and mercy You show to me.
- Almighty Father, majestic and great,
whom all the angels must serve and obey.
You send them out to Your child in need,
showing Your might and assisting me.
- So I’ll endure in distress and dark night.
Soon You will show me the bright morning light.
Countless the times You’ve poured blessings on me.
Father, my heart thanks You gratefully.